This is the reimbursement procedure for supplies purchased for classroom parties. Please note that there is a $5 per student per year budget for classroom parties. For example, a classroom with 25 students has a budget of $125 for the year; there are 3 parties in the year so that equates to spending $41 a party in total across all parent volunteers.
The Lake Marion PTO is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Because of this designation, we are required to keep very detailed accounts of all monies coming in and out. Please follow the procedure below whether or not you want to be reimbursed for expenses incurred.
- Save all receipts.
- Place receipts in a reimbursement envelope provided by the PTO and located in the front office.
- Indicate how much money you spent on party purchases – specify which party and teacher.
- Indicate on the envelope how much you would like to be reimbursed for (including $0).
- Indicate how you would like your money delivered to you – USPS, backpack mail, or pick-up in the office.
- Return your sealed envelope to the front office.
Money will be distributed within one week of submission.
**At the end of the year all remaining money will be pooled together and will determine what amount needs to be collected from each student the following year for classroom parties.**
If you have any questions about this process, please contact the PTO at firstname.lastname@example.org.